Saturday 6 August 2011

The saga begins

Ok I'm new to blogging, but I've decided that I've got to start a blog, a twitter page, a youtube page and a facebook page, because:

1)  I'm a creative person

2) The internet is the perfect tool to build a fan base and stay in touch with fans.

3) The internet is the perfect marketing tool for anyone who wants to do anything independently  

Who am I? A 32 year old writer (novels, scripts, poetry and music), film maker and music producer.  Over the years I've undertaken a number of independent ventures, and each of them has taught me something that I plan to bring to my next venture. One of the most important things I've learned is that even the perfect product will fail to sell if you don't communicate its existence to its potential market. This realisation led to me working just as hard on building up my marketing chops as working on improving my talents. Why haven't you heard of me? Well quite simply I've been honing my craft and nothing I've done so far has gained a large an enough following. However, I plan to change this in the near future with the current venture I'm working on: my first published e book called "Borlosanti". I'm currently redrafting this work of fiction for umpteenth time because a great writer once said that a good writer drafts again and again until his work is perfect and I'm a perfectionist if nothing else.

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan, I totally agree with most of your points. I, too, am an aspiring writer, and revision is definitely a tool of the trade. However, I am not sure of the "revise until it is perfect" view, as I do not see my work will ever be 'perfect'. All I can do is get it socially acceptable and run with it. I wish you the best always, and let me know when you get published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment; you are totally correct about perfection. I should have said that I believe in revising my work until it’s the best I can possibly make it. I'll definitely let you know when I publish. Please make sure you do the same.

    ReplyDelete